Welcome to another episode! My guest today is Jasmine Adams, who is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with her own private practice. Jasmine is here to talk about how she made the decision to go into private practice, along with all the factors to consider before taking that step. She is a success story with many great tips. Join us!
Jasmine decided to enter the world of private practice because a colleague emailed her and offered her some office space. This was the spark she needed to make the leap. Listen as Jasmine details the following about her journey:
- The benefits of private practice are primarily freedom and flexibility.
- Entering private practice isn’t as difficult as you might think. 1-2 consistent monthly clients can keep the practice afloat.
- Every practitioner faces fears when going out into private practice. Jasmine’s biggest fear was, “What if I don’t get any clients?”
- Jasmine focused on networking with colleagues to get tips about getting started.
- Criteria to consider in choosing an office space are colleagues/officemates, neighborhood, and distance from home.
- One of Jasmine’s benefits of the location she chose is that a college is nearby and has become a referral source for her.
- Jasmine talked to colleagues to set rates that were fair and competitive for her area.
- Practitioners often have to believe that their knowledge and experience are worth what they charge their clients.
- Jasmine formed a Mastermind Group of colleagues because she felt that she needed that extra peer support. It’s been a huge success so far!
- In the Hot Couch Round, Jasmine talks about her daily self-care that brings her joy, online resources (like the STC podcast!) that help her, and how she advises anyone starting out to focus on creating a great website.
- Her tip for other practitioners? “Fake it til you make it!”
Thanks for checking out Jasmine’s story and for supporting the podcast. Have a great week!
Links and Resources:
Call 213-324-6063 to reach Jasmine.